Nov. 25, 2020
Let’s take a quick journey into the mind of a tech normie. Their suffering is both amusing and frustrating.
- Refuses to install a game because Reddit (correctly) told them it includes a rootkit “anticheat”, meanwhile unknowingly playing other games which also install rootkits but never made Reddit headlines.
- Bases their decision to use Windows, for personal non-business matters, on the notion that Windows is commonly used in businesses.
- Mental gymnastics to reconcile the belief that the driver model used in Windows is somehow sane.
- Habitually decrying Apple’s subjugation of users “I would never use Apple because they try to lock you in.” then proceeding to get locked in to Windows.
- Taking the meme that it is “illegal” to personally install Mac OS on non-Apple hardware literally.
- Claiming not to care at all about digital sovereignty and then later getting upset by some proprietary technology acting against their interests.
- “Linux doesn’t have games that anyone has ever heard of.”
- Incapable of conceptually differentiating between a console emulator and a game ROM.
- Thinking that proprietary software is somehow more secure since only the author can see the source.
- Complaining about having to phone up daddy Microsoft to ask permission to be allowed to switch motherboards. If you hate it, why keep using Windows? “Yeah but I need all my games”.